CipherCloud is the pioneer and industry leader in applying the strongest security to data before it goes to the cloud, while maintaining a seamless user experience. The Cloud Security Gateway provides robust inline protection, enabling you to encrypt or tokenize specific data fields while maintaining exclusive control over the encryption keys. Features include
- Zero-Knowledge Protection: unauthorized outsiders or cloud providers have no way to access the data without the keys, which never leave your control.
- Standards-Based with FIPS Validation: CipherCloud uses standards-based AES 256-bit encryption and is the first and only cloud security vendor to have achieved FIPS 140-2 validation for its cryptographic module.
- Searchable Strong Encryption: Patented technology provides secure virtual indexing at gateway, enabling complex searches, without exposing data in the cloud. This enables natural language searches, wild cards, Boolean phrases, and other internet-standard searches.
- Format and Function Preserving: CSG preserves the functionality of encrypted data including searching, sorting, reporting, indexing and charting. A wide range of format preserving techniques match any database requirements including credit cards, phone numbers, email addresses and more.
- Enterprise Key Management: Encryption keys never leave your organization and are never available to the cloud provider, preventing accidental or forced disclosure. CSG includes enterprise-class key management capabilities and integration with external HSMs.
- Tokenization: For organizations with strict data residency requirements, CipherCloud lets you retain specific sensitive data on-premises, substituting randomly generated values for the original data.
- Malware Protection: Integrated malware scanning detects and blocks malware from cloud applications or outside users, closing a gap in most organization’s AV coverage. CSG protects you from latest viruses, spyware, network worms, Trojans, bots, rootkits, and more.
- Highly Scalable and High Performance: CipherCloud encryption gateways are deployed in many of the world’s largest enterprises, with a highly scalable distributed architecture, high-throughput and extremely low latency.