CipherCloud is Named a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Cloud Access Security Brokers
CASB+ Platform Combines Breakthrough Cloud Security with Powerful End-to-End Data Protection to Accelerate Cloud Adoption
SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 13, 2018 — CipherCloud®, a leader in cloud security, today announced it had been named a Visionary in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB).
CipherCloud’s breakthrough CASB+ platform allows enterprises to accelerate cloud adoption with comprehensive visibility, complete cloud control, real-time threat protection, and powerful Zero Trust end-to-end encryption. CipherCloud CASB+ completely protects users, devices and data in any cloud, meets global data protection standards and ensures their sensitive data is always secured. CipherCloud CASB+ can protect any SaaS, PaaS or IaaS services, such as Office 365, Salesforce.com, ServiceNow, SAP, SuccessFactors, Box, Slack, Dropbox, Google Suite, AWS, as well as any custom application.
“CipherCloud is paving the way to a new era of secure multi-cloud adoption,” said Pravin Kothari, CipherCloud CEO. “CASB+ is the only solution that combines innovative capabilities with powerful data protection, completely protecting users, devices, and data in any cloud. We believe CipherCloud’s position as a Visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant strongly validates our understanding and innovative approach to the cloud security market.”
As enterprises increasingly adopt cloud-based applications, they must protect their sensitive data. Gartner predicts that “by 2022, 60% of large enterprises will use a CASB to govern some cloud services, up from less than 20% today.” Note 1.
The CASB+ Advantage
CipherCloud’s CASB+ moves the industry vision forward by unifying critical CASB capabilities such as cloud visibility, complete cloud control, and real-time threat protection with transparent, end-to-end data protection. Key capabilities include:
- Protection from the top cloud security threats as outlined by the Cloud Security Alliance including data breaches, insufficient identity and access management, insecure APIs, and advanced persistent threats.
- Complete cloud control over access from off-premises locations, unmanaged devices, and 3rd-party users, thanks to CipherCloud’s flexible traffic management with Reverse proxy mode, Forward proxy mode, and API mode while enforcing contextual policies. CipherCloud integrates with IAM and EMM/MDM to correlate identity, device posture, location, etc., along with user risks, and take real-time actions including step-up multi-factor authentication and reduction of functionality such as read-only and no download.
- End-to-end or Zero Trust encryption protects data in any cloud from the enterprise edge and back. Data is completely encrypted and secure prior to delivery to any cloud application, with protection guaranteed during rest (cloud providers database), in motion (middleware, API’s, network), and in use, and is totally transparent to the users of cloud applications.
- Full support for custom applications through the unique AnyApp capability; customers can protect sensitive data within their own custom cloud applications no matter which cloud provider they choose, and without the need to integrate SDKs or re-engineer their applications.
- Ensures organizations meet critical compliance regulations such as GDPR, HIPAA, and PCI as well as geographic-specific regulations in data privacy, data sovereignty, and data residency.
Note 1. Source: Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Cloud Access Security Brokers by Craig Lawson and Steve Riley, 29 October 2018
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About CipherCloud, Inc.
CipherCloud, a leader in CASB and cloud security, provides powerful end-to-end protection for data resident in the cloud. Our award-winning CASB+ platform delivers comprehensive visibility, data security, threat protection, and compliance for cloud-based assets. CipherCloud provides the deepest levels of data protection and real-time data access control to provide an immediate solution for challenging cloud security and compliance problems. The world’s largest global enterprises and government institutions in over 25 countries protect and secure their cloud information with CipherCloud. For more information go to www.ciphercloud.com
Madison Alexander PR