CipherCloud Delivers Breakthrough Searchable Strong Encryption
Cloud Security and Usability Enhanced with Intuitive Search of Strongly Encrypted Data
SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/
Today, CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, has delivered ground breaking techniques to improve the searchability, usability and security of cloud data protected with AES 256-bit encryption. Through these breakthrough advancements, the company continues to extend its technical leadership in cloud information protection by combining the highest levels of security and usability available.
This Searchable Strong Encryption (SSE) solution comes at a time when companies and government agencies are moving increased amounts of information into the cloud, while seeking to proactively protect their sensitive data from breaches, hackers, cyber warfare attacks and forced disclosures. Since its founding in 2010, CipherCloud has led the industry in innovation through developing the most advanced security techniques to protect information in the cloud.
CipherCloud’s solution provides organizations with the ability to strongly encrypt their sensitive information in real time before it’s sent to the cloud and exclusively retain their encryption keys. The solution also enables organization to comply with government regulations and industry mandates including – GLBA, PCI, HIPAA and HITECH, the EU Data Protection Act, UK ICO guidance, the Australian Privacy Amendment Act and US State Privacy laws.
“Business users demand security to be transparent,” said Pravin Kothari, founder and CEO of CipherCloud. “Applying strong encryption, AES 256-bit, to data while keeping it entirely searchable has been a long-standing challenge. CipherCloud has now raised the bar by enabling the full usability of encrypted data in the cloud, without compromising security or performance.”
CipherCloud delivers full protection of an organization’s structured and unstructured information in popular cloud applications including –salesforce.com, Box, Microsoft Office 365, Google Gmail, Amazon Web Services and many more. Additionally, CipherCloud for Any App and CipherCloud for Databases enable organizations to extend data protection to hundreds of third-party cloud and private cloud applications and databases.
“Compliance for sensitive data frequently requires the use of encryption when it is sent across public communication networks,” noted Brian Lowans, Principal Research Analyst, Secure Business Enablement group, and Neil MacDonald, Vice President & Gartner Fellow, Information Security and Privacy Research team, Gartner. “In fact, this should be considered as standard practice for all cloud-based applications accessed via public networks to avoid eavesdropping.”
CipherCloud’s SSE technology leverages its gateway architecture to provide secure local index and search operations while sending the strongly encrypted data to the cloud and protecting it from all external threats. This solution enables natural language, wild cards and Boolean searches of AES 256-bit encrypted data. Other available techniques on the market lack searchability or require complex deployments of local databases or rely only on partial data encryption. CipherCloud’s solution now combines the highest levels of usability and security.
CipherCloud’s Searchable Strong Encryption (SSE) key capabilities include:
- Comprehensive Protection Platform – Delivers advanced searching of strongly encrypted data while preserving security, usability and performance. The platform provides the ability to select a preferred protection scheme for each individual field for maximum security and usability.
- Advance Intuitive Search – Supports flexible search terms, such as “starts with,” “ends with,” wild cards, natural language matching and Boolean phrases, compatible with today’s Internet search conventions.
- Strong AES 256-bit Encryption – Delivers AES 256-bit encryption, the highest commercially available level of encryption with unlimited initialization vectors to maximize randomness.
- Robust Key Management – Provides enterprise key management capabilities in compliance with NIST SP 800-57 standards. Multiple key storage options enable keys to be stored securely on the CipherCloud platform or separately on a KMIP-compliant key management server.
- FIPS Certification – CipherCloud is the only vendor in the cloud information protection market that is in the process of completing FIPS 140-2 certification testing by an independent NIST-certified lab.
- High-performance Scalable Architecture – Delivers near zero latency while supporting the largest number of companies and government agencies with demanding throughput requirements. Over 2 million users are protected across 14 countries.
 Gartner Report, “Tackle Six Security Issues Before Encrypting Data in the Cloud,” March 9, 2013
CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, enables organizations to securely adopt cloud applications by overcoming data privacy, residency, security, and regulatory compliance risks. CipherCloud delivers an open platform with comprehensive security controls, including AES 256-bit encryption, tokenization, cloud data loss prevention, cloud malware detection and activity monitoring. CipherCloud’s ground breaking technology protects sensitive information in real time, before it is sent to the cloud while preserving application usability and functionality.
CipherCloud has experienced exceptional growth and success with over 2 million business users, more than 250 million customer records, in over 10 industries, and with marquee customers around the globe.
The CipherCloud product portfolio protects popular cloud applications out-of-the-box such as salesforce.com, Box, Google Gmail, Microsoft Office 365, and Amazon Web Services. Additionally, CipherCloud for Any App and CipherCloud for Databases enable organizations to extend data protection to hundreds of third-party cloud and private cloud applications and databases.
CipherCloud, named as SC Magazine’s 2013 Best Product of the Year, is backed by premier venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, and T-Venture, the venture capital arm of Deutsche Telekom. For more information, visit www.ciphercloud.com and follow us on Twitter @ciphercloud.
Director of Corporate Communications