Top Australian Bank Secures Collaboration
Australian laws continue to govern this bank’s data no matter where it’s used…
- Headquarters: Sydney, Australia
- Industry: Banking
- Products: Banking, fund management, insurance
- Employees: 40,000+
- Develop cloud-based CRM and collaboration tools without exposing private information
- Complying with Australian privacy laws while risking data disclosure through the US Patriot Act
- CipherCloud for Salesforce, Chatter
- Tokenization and AES 256-bit encryption for sensitive data
- High-capacity, redundant deployment for over 30,000 users
- Cloud initiatives accomplished without exposing regulated information
- Compliance met with Australian data privacy and residency laws
- Customer deployment timelines achieved
Australian Financial Giant Enables Chatter for Its Customer Communication Platform
CipherCloud for Salesforce Chatter Meets Strict Australian Privacy Laws for its Unstructured Data in the Cloud
This leading provider of integrated financial services is a top bank in Australia and in the top 40 banks globally. With more than 40,000 employees, their focus is on delivering economic and market insights, offering retail, premium and institutional banking, funds management, insurance and other investment products and services.
They wanted to increase their offerings of products and services through a CRM platform in the cloud. As part of this program, they also wanted to deploy powerful and convenient communication tools for exchanging information and documents to over 30,000 users. They chose Salesforce and Salesforce Chatter as the cloud platform on which to launch their initiative. They then set about finding the right solution to secure their data in the cloud in accordance with several international compliance regulations.
CipherCloud for Salesforce and Chatter met this financial organization’s security need to comply with multiple compliance laws from different countries regarding storing unencrypted data in the cloud. They needed to secure their data according to their own policies and Australian privacy laws, while assuring that data could not be exposed to laws such as the US Patriot Act. Knowing the data would be accessed from all over the world, they had to ensure compliance with other international privacy regulations as well.
Their security solution needed to:
- Leverage social collaboration tools for document management across the enterprise
- Tokenize unstructured data (files and attachments) in Chatter without compromising functionality
- Meet regulations against storing unencrypted data in the cloud
The Australian finance company successfully launched its CRM and Chatter communication platform to over 30,000 users, providing them a more productive communication solution that includes social collaboration tools for document management. CipherCloud protects this organization’s data by providing AES 256-bit encryption of data for all specified Salesforce and Chatter fields, and tokenization—a technique that substitutes randomly generated values for the original data, which never leaves the enterprise.
CipherCloud for Salesforce and Chatter brings the strict security measures they need to adequately safeguard personal and private information as mandated by Australian and other global privacy laws. This is true even for unstructured data, including files and attachments, as well as information accessed from the United States and other countries, ensuring Australian laws continue to govern data access regardless of origin or type of data.
The financial services and insurance company achieved the secure CRM and communication platform they were looking for, saving costs and serving tens of thousands of users with no performance degradation.
The Australian organization’s secure cloud platform:
- Meets their deployment timelines
- Enables cloud initiatives without exposing regulated information
- Assures compliance with Australian data privacy and residency laws