New Zealand Bank Rolls Out Chatter to Improve Employee Collaboration
Able to encrypt selective PII fields for customer data stored offshore….
- Headquarters: Auckland, New Zealand
- Industry: Banking
- Products: Banking services
- Employees: 5,000+
- Founded: 1860’s
- Safeguard external banking applications in the public cloud
- Prevent unencrypted data and restrict offshore access to customer records
- Key Regulations: APRA & NZ Privacy Act
- CipherCloud for Chatter
- Applied AES encryption to:
- 100 SFDC & Chatter fields
- 2 million+ records
- Selective PII fields of offshore data
- Transparent solution for 1,000 users first go, 4,000 planned
- Enabled major cloud collaboration initiative while assuring compliance with NZ laws
- Met aggressive customer deployment timelines despite major disruption from earthquake
Secure Cloud Deployment of Chatter Improves Employee Collaboration
New Zealand Bank Founded in 1860’s Relies on CipherCloud for Chatter for Employee Cloud Communications
This major bank of New Zealand has been a respected fixture for as long as anyone in New Zealand can remember, going back to the days of New Zealand’s 19861 Gold Rush. With the same level of commitment and determination that saw them through world wars and world-changing technologies, this company continues its commitment to providing world renowned financial services to its global community.
Part of that commitment recently meant transforming their banking practices by migrating their external banking applications to the public cloud. First, they had to be certain they could meet New Zealand’s – and global – regulations that prohibit storing unencrypted data in the cloud. They also had to restrict offshore access to customer records.
One of this bank’s priorities was to enable part of their work force (1,000 to start, 4,000 planned) to collaborate and share information conveniently within their CRM system and email applications.
Salesforce (SFDC) was their CRM platform of choice, and within it, Chatter provides the communication platform they wanted for their employees. Chatter enables chat and search functions and more, allowing employees to communicate and perform business tasks “on the fly.”
But before announcing these convenient capabilities to their work force, they had to ensure they could:
- Enable collaboration while complying with APRA (Australian Prevention and Recovery Administration) & NZ Privacy Act mandates
- Integrate security for their CRM and email applications with up to 2 million existing records
- Work with third-party applications, including IBM Data Stage, Cig-IP-SSO and RIVA-Lotus Notes
The bank completed this major cloud initiative for their employees and assured compliance with New Zealand laws under an aggressive timeline, even with a major and difficult disruption from a local earthquake.