This is a remarkable honor, and along with our recent announcements debuting Ciphercloud for Box, adding the industry-first Cloud Data Loss Prevention with CipherCloud’s Open Platform, and the tremendous amount of positive interactions we had with security professionals at the RSA Conference in San Francisco, it’s clear that cloud data security is becoming a top of mind issue for business.
The big issue here is the importance of securing the cloud.
2013 Excellence Award: The title of the award is the “Best Emerging Technology”. Cloud security is a new, needed and rapidly exploding technology, and although you can argue that security has been a slow moving industry in the past, SC Magazine realizes that dealing with these emerging threats is important.
The award was presented at the 16th annual SC Awards U.S. Ceremony held February 26, 2013 in San Francisco, in conjunction with the RSA 2013 Conference. The SC Awards are the security industry’s most prestigious accolade, awarded only to the most impressive companies in the security industry.
CipherCloud’s well-respected and talented fellow nominees for the award included:
• Black Lotus Communications for Human Behavior Analysis (HBA): a distributed denial of service (DDoS) protection system that identifies and sorts real human-originated traffic from automated attacks.
• CloudPassage for CloudPassage Halo: a software-as-a-service Cloud security system that provides dynamic firewall automation, vulnerability assessment and event logging.
• Microsoft for Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) 3.0: A toolkit for deploying and configuring security mitigation technologies.
• Pindrop Security for Fraud Detection System: a call spoofing identification system for call centers.
• Webroot for Webroot SecureAnywhere Business – Endpoint Detection: a distributed malware identification system.
When you look at the list of, it’s clear the gamut ran from the worlds’ largest software company to fellow start-ups, but even when other companies more established than us, who had created a new division in their company to focus on a security technology; it was the cloud security that came out as the predominant threat.
With two of the finalists both focusing on cloud security, it’s clear that protecting the cloud against threats and making it possible for enterprises to move to the cloud while meeting compliance requirements is key.
And (not to blow our own horn too loudly) the editorial staff of a respected security magazine, along with a board of security experts, selected CipherCloud as leading this field.
You can find a complete list of the winners here: http://awards.scmagazine.com/winners/2013, and read our release about receiving the award here: http://www.ciphercloud.com/Company/PressReleases/tabid/106/NewsId/50/CipherCloud-Named-as-SC-Magazines-2013-Excellence-Award-Winner-for-Best-Emerging-Technology.aspx